How do I add a document to an issue in v17.3?
Once an issue is created, local files or URLs can be added to the issue as supporting documents. This article describes how to add a document to an issue.
1. Click Issues
- On the Icon Bar, click the Project button, then click Issues.
Note: Clicking the Project button on the Icon Bar will take you directly to the Summary page of the last work you visited.
3. Click Add Document
- Click Add Document.
Note: A document can also be added by selecting Add Document from the Actions drop-down menu.
4. Add Document
- For files, on the Document tab, click Choose Document to locate the items or drag and drop them into the upload area.
- For URLs, on the URL tab, enter a web address and click Add URL.
- Click Add Description to add document or URL details (optional).
4.1. Add Document or URL Description (Optional)
- In the Title field, type a title for your document. If a title is not entered, the file name will be used.
- In the Description field, type a brief description of the document.
- Enter or select additional information as needed.
- Click Close Description.
Approval Type: If document approval is enabled in your PowerSteering context, then you will have the option to select an approval method. Approval methods include:
- Approval Required: The approver will need to approve the document before it can be set to "Completed".
- Electronic Signature Required: The approver will need to manually enter their username and password in order to approve the document. This electronic signature will then be retained in the document’s history for audit purposes.
Status: The document status. This field is generally used with a document approval method.
PPT Image: If the document is an image file (.jpeg, .png, or .gif file formats), select this check box to include the image in your PowerPoint project summary file. The PowerPoint Administrator must have the PowerPoint template configured to use images.
Display on Summary Page: If the document is an image file (.jpeg, .png, or .gif file formats), select this check box to have the image appear in the Details section of the Project Summary page.
5. Click Save
- Click Save.