How do I pause workflow?
If additional research is needed for a project or if someone is on vacation for a long period of time, you may want to pause workflow. When workflow is paused, all notifications generated from workflow action items are stopped. This article describes how to pause workflow.
Note: Once workflow has been paused, it can be resumed at any time. See the article How do I resume workflow? for more information.
1. Click Pause
- On the Icon Bar, click the Project button.
- Click Workflow to expand the menu, then click Pause.
Note: The Pause option will only be available if the user has the "Pause/Resume or Cancel workflow" Project Task permission.
2. Confirm Pause
- Click Yes.
Tie Project Status to the Workflow: Select this checkbox if you want the project status to be set to Deferred when the workflow is paused. Note: This option will appear only if your Administrator has selected for users to be prompted when the workflow status changes. See the article How do I configure what happens to the project status when the workflow status changes? for more information.
3. Click Action Items
- On the Icon Bar, click the Project button, then click Action Items.
4. View Action Items
- When workflow is paused, the status of all completed action items remains and the status of any action items that were On Track when the workflow was paused becomes Deferred.
5. View Deferred Action Item
- When the status of an action item is Deferred, there are no workflow action item buttons available.