How do I lock the metrics for a group of projects?
The Metric Bulk Actions feature allows you to perform a set of actions for a specific group of work items. You can filter this group of work items by first selecting a portfolio and then further define that list by selecting tag values. This article describes how you lock metrics for a group of work items to control if data is able to be entered and / or modified.
1. Click Metric Bulk Actions
3. View Tag List
- The tags defined by your company are displayed, use the scroll bar to view all of the tags on this page.
3.1. Select Tag(s)
- Click on the tag that you want to include in your filter.
Omit this tag: Use this option to indicate that none of the tag values should be used to filter a list of work items.
Any value for this tag: Use this option to indicate that any tag value can be used to filter a list of work items.
No value for this tag: Use this option to filter on projects that have a blank value for this tag.
Select values: Use this value to indicate that you want to select specific tag values to filter a list of work items.
3.2. Select values (if needed)
4. Select Option
- If needed, click Apply to and select an option from the list. This will indicate whether or not you want your actions to apply to those metrics that are in the Ready for Rollup state, Not Ready for Rollup state or both with the All selection.
Note: Ready for Rollup is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your company may have replaced Ready for Rollup with a different term that will appear as an option in this list.
5. Select Metric
7. Select Action
8. Select Time Period
9. Select View
10. Select Option
11. Click Run
12. View Results and Logs
- A status bar will be displayed to indicate progress and the number of items being processed. You will see a message when the process is finished and the status bar is 100%. Below the progress bar is a log of what was impacted during the bulk procedure. You can click on the hyperlink in the Project and Metric column to access that project or metric directly.