What happens once workflow has been initiated?
Workflow is automatically started when you click Finish & Create! during project creation for a workflow enabled project. This article describes what happens once workflow has been initiated.
1. Workflow is Initiated
When you click Finish & Create! to create a workflow enabled project, several things happen in PowerSteering based on the workflow that has been configured for the selected work type:
- The first action item will be created and be visible in PowerSteering.
- The action item will be assigned to the appropriate resource(s).
- A PowerSteering Inbox notification will be sent to the owner of the action item.
2. Click Action Items
- On the Icon Bar, click the Project button, then click Action Items.
Note: Clicking the Project button on the Icon Bar will take you directly to the summary page of the last work you visited.
2.1. View Action Item
- When Workflow is initiated, the first action item will be created and will be visible in PowerSteering. The action item is automatically assigned to the appropriate resource(s).
Note: In order for workflow to work properly, automatic ownership delegations must be enabled by a PowerSteering team member.
3. Click Questions/Notifications
- On the Icon Bar, click the Inbox button, then click Questions/Notifications.