How do I use the bulk edit feature to re-assign project roles?
The bulk edit feature of PowerSteering allows you to update multiple items at once in Project Central. This feature is an incredible time saver when you need to re-assign roles on multiple projects. This article describes how to use the bulk edit feature in Project Central to change the user(s) assigned to roles on multiple projects.
2. Select Work Tree Location
3. View Summary Page
- View the Summary page for the organization you have selected. In this example we opened an organization called Finance that has several projects under it. We are going to use Project Central to bulk edit the Executive Sponsor of these projects.
4. Click Project Planning
5. Select Role Columns
6. Select Lines to Edit
- Select the check boxes next to the project names you want to re-assign the Executive Sponsor role for. You can also select the check box at the top of the list to select all items then select the individual lines you want to select or clear.
9. Click Plus Sign
- Use the Search or Qualifications tabs to locate the user that you want to re-assign to the role.
- Click the plus sign next to the user(s) you want to reassign to the role.
10. Click Minus Sign
- Click the minus sign next to the user(s) that you want to remove from the role.
- Click OK.
12. Click Save
- Click Save.
13. View Updated Role
- View the newly assigned Executive Sponsor for the selected projects.