How do I use Work Generation to change the template used for work?
If you have a project that was created in one template and you later realize that it should have been created using a different template, rather than re-creating the project using the correct template, you can use work generation to make this change. This article describes how to convert a gated project that was created using one template into a gated project using a different template.
Note: If you do not see Work Generation on the Project Navigation Menu, it could be because:
- An Administrator has not created a Work Generation template that pertains to the work type. See the article How do I add a new work generation template? for more information about creating work generation templates.
- In the work generation template, Administrators can define whom can generate work using the template. You may not have permission to generate work.
- In the work generation template, Administrators can define within the project timeline when work can be generated. You may not be able to perform work generation at the current point in the project timeline.
1. Click Work Generation Template
- On the Icon Bar, click the Project button.
- Click Work Generation to expand the menu, then click the name of a work generation template.
Note: Clicking the Project button on the Icon Bar will take you directly to the Summary page of the last work you visited.
2. Click Start
- Enter work generation settings for the new work.
- Click Start.
Note: These options are defined by settings selected during Work Generation template creation, so your options may differ from those seen here.
3. Select Destination
- Click Remain here to stay on the Summary page of the source work or click Go to newly created to view the Summary page of the newly-generated work.
4. View Summary Page
- View the Summary page for the newly-generated work.
Note: The original work will appear as a Source on the Summary page of the newly-generated work. The newly-generated work also becomes a reference for the source work.