How do I set dependencies in my project schedule?
Dependencies allow you to set relationships between pairs of work objects within your project schedule. For example, you may need a task to finish before another task can begin, or you might need two tasks to finish at the same time. In a dependency, there is a predecessor item and a successor item. Successor items are dependent upon predecessor items. This article describes how to set dependencies in your project schedule.
1. Add Dependency Column
2. Set Dependency
4. Define Advanced Settings
Dependency: The predecessor item that the successor item is dependent upon.
Type: The dependency type. The default for this field is Finish-to-start.
- Finish-to-start: The predecessor item must be completed before the successor item can begin.
- Start-to-start: The successor item can start after the predecessor item has started.
- Finish-to-finish: The predecessor item must be completed before the successor item can finish.
- Start-to-Finish: The successor item cannot finish before the predecessor item starts.
Lag: The number of days to add to or subtract from the scheduled date. This number can be either negative or positive.
5. Click Save
- Click Save.
6. View Project Central
- View the updated project schedule with dependencies.