How do I add row numbers to a report?
In Report Wizard, you are able to create a user defined column that will add row numbers to your report. This is helpful for Project Managers, as it provides an easier way to reference line items on a large report. This article describes how to add a row numbers to your report.
Click here to view a brief video tutorial about adding a row number to a Report Wizard report.
1. Click Report Wizard
2. Select Category and Type
3. Set Report Definitions
4. Add Row Numbers
- On the Columns tab, click User defined to expand the section.
- From the Column types drop-down menu, select Row number.
- Click the green plus symbol.
5. Enter Column Name
- In the Name field, enter a name for the column.
- Click Save.
6. Customize Column Layout
- On the Layout tab, drag the newly added Row Number column to the top of the columns list.
7. Preview Report
- Click the Preview link to preview the report with the Row Number column.