How do I change the owner of a project?
When work is created, PowerSteering automatically assigns the creator of the work to the owner role. All work must have an owner and the role cannot be shared, but can easily be reassigned at a later date. This article describes how to change the owner of a project.
Note: Owner is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your organization may use a different label to represent this role on your site.
1. Click Project
2. Click Edit
- In the Details section, click Edit.
3. Assign New Owner
- Click the Suggestions hyperlink for a list of users that are assigned to work above the current work item in the work tree or in the Find field, enter one or more letters of the user's name, then click Go.
- From the results list, select the user and drag and drop their name onto the Owner role in the middle section.
4. Click Save Changes
- Verify the new owner has been added to the Team section.
- Click Save Changes to return to the Summary page.
Note: This process sends a notification to the new owner that must either be acknowledged or accepted based on your PowerSteering configuration.