How do I change the owner of a gated project?
When work is created, PowerSteering automatically assigns the creator of the work to the owner role. All work must have an owner and the role cannot be shared, but can easily be reassigned at a later date. This article describes how to change the owner of a gated project.
Note: Owner is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your organization may use a different label to represent this role on your site.
1. Click Project
2. Click Edit
- In the Details section, click Edit.
3. Assign New Owner
- Click the Suggestions hyperlink for a list of users that are assigned to work above the current work item in the work tree or in the Find field, enter one or more letters of the user's name, then click Go.
- From the results list, select the user and drag and drop their name onto the Owner role in the middle section.
4. Specify Delegation of Deliverables
- Click the button next to the new owner to delegate deliverables.
- From the drop-down menu, select whether to include or exclude deliverables.
- Click Save Changes.
Include Deliverables: Changes the owner of all deliverables to the user being assigned as the new project owner.
Exclude Deliverables: Changes the owner of the project and all gates to the user being assigned as the new project owner; however, the owner of all deliverables remains the original project owner.
Note: This process sends a notification to the new owner that must either be acknowledged or accepted based on your PowerSteering configuration.
5. View Results With Deliverables Included
- The owner of the project has been updated as well as the owner of the gates and all deliverables.
6. View Results With Deliverables Excluded
- The owner of the project has been updated as well as the owner of the gates; however, the owner of all deliverables remains the original project owner. See the article How do I change ownership of descendants? for more information about changing descendant ownership.