How do I add multiple exchange rates to a report?
If you have created additional exchange rate tables in PowerSteering you are able to view the rates for that new exchange rate table in a Report Wizard metric report. This article describes how to add an additional exchange rate table and currency to a Report Wizard metric report.
Note: A PowerSteering team member must enable exchange rates for your site AND the ability to have multiple exchange rates before you can use this feature.
1. Click Report Wizard
- On the Icon Bar click the Add button.
- Click Report to expand the menu, then click Report Wizard.
2. Select Category and Type
- In the Category column select Metrics.
- In the Type column select one of the metric reports listed.
- Click Continue.
Note: You must use one of the metric reporting types if you want to use multiple currencies.
3. Select a Metric Template
- From the Metric Template drop-down menu, select a metric template from the list.
4. Select Metric Information
- Select the time period for the Track Period you want to display in your report.
- Select the check boxes for the Metric Views you want to display in your report.
- Select the check boxes for the Metric Line Items you want to display in your report.
5. Refine Definition (Optional)
- From the Portfolio drop-down menu, select a portfolio from the list for your report.
- From the Descended from drop-down menu, select a Work Tree location for your report.
- Select the check boxes for the Work Types you want to include in your report.
- From the Archived drop-down menu, select if you want to exclude, include or only display archived work in this report.
6. Add Exchange Rate
- From the Add more filters drop-down menu, select Select Exchange Rate.
- Click the green plus sign.
7. Select Currency Options
- From the Default currency drop-down menu, select a default currency for your report.
- From the Alt. currency table drop-down menu, select the exchange rate table where your alternative currency resides. The alternative currency table only applies to the selected alternative currency.
- From the Alt. currency drop-down menu, select an alternative currency for your report.
Respect Original Currency: This option will report the currency that was entered for the metric.
Note: If you change the Default currency setting, you may have to re-select your display columns on the Columns tab.
8. Preview Report
- Click the Preview hyperlink to preview the report with the additional exchange rate.