How do I request approval of a document?
When a document is added to a work item, it can be set to require the approval of one or more users. If a document requires approval, the document status can not be set to Completed until it has been approved by the assigned approver(s).
Note: If the document was set as Approval Required from the project template, then you will not be able to change the setting to No Approval.
1. Click Documents
2. Click Request Approval
- Locate the document you want to request approval for and click the title of the document.
- In the context sensitive drop-down menu, click Request Approval.
3. Request Approval
- In the Comments field, type comments to be included with the request (optional).
- Select Attach document to question email to include the document in the Inbox question for document approval.
- Click Request Approval.
Note: When approval has been requested for a document, the user(s) assigned as the document approver will receive a question in their PowerSteering Inbox. See the articles How do I approve a document? and How do I reject a document? for more information.
4. View Document
- The status of the document is updated to Approval Requested.