What does the Report Wizard Filter tab do?
The Filter tab helps limit the amount of information that is displayed in a report based on criteria that is either preselected by the creator of the report, or selected by a user when the report is run. This article describes how the Filter page is used.
1. Click Filter Tab
- Click the Filter tab.
The Filter tab is where you select criteria that will help you limit the information that is included in your report. You have the option of creating a filter that the user can change when they run the report for themselves. Or you can create and lock filters that restrict what a user will see in the report. Below is a description of the fields and options on the Filter page.
Select / Set: This is a toggle switch that will change what is displayed on the screen. Select is the page where you identify which columns from your report you want to use as filters. Set is the page where you create the filter.
Which of your report columns would you like to filter on?: This section of the page displays the columns that have been selected to display in your report. If you don't select any of the check boxes displayed, each will appear as a filter on the Edit Filters page when a user runs a report. If you select a check box you will be directed to the Set page (see definition above) where you can further define your filter criteria.
Additional Filters: When selected, you have the opportunity to select additional columns to use as filters on the report even though the column itself is not displayed in the report. Remember to indicate what you have selected as an additional filter in either the name or description of the report so users understand that the report is being filtered on something that they do not see in the report.
2. Select a Column
- Select a column check box to filter.
- Click Continue.
3. Set Filter Criteria
- Select the criteria check boxes you wish to use to filter this report.
- Select Lock (Optional) to prevent anyone that runs this report from changing the criteria you set for this filter. Using the example above, if you only wanted this report to show projects that were in an On Track status, you would select the On Track check box and then select the Lock check box. Users wouldn't see Status as an option when they click Edit Filters to run this report because it was preselected and then locked by the creator of the report.
- Click Select.
Note: Each filter that is selected is going to have a different set of steps to set the filter criteria. If you select filter criteria during the report building process, it will impact and potentially limit what is displayed when you preview the report.
3.1. Click Select / Set
- Click the Select link to identify which items you want to use as filters, click the Set link to set the filter criteria. Repeat this step as many times as necessary to set the filter criteria for all the selected columns.
4. Click Additional Filters
- Click the Additional Filters link.
5. Select Additional Filters
- Select the check boxes associated with the data you want to add as a filter.
Note: You are only using these columns as filters to manage the data in the report. The columns you select on this page will not appear in the report.
6. Click Continue or Tab
- Click Continue to go to the Group/Sort tab, or click another tab within the Report Wizard.