How do I create a Report Wizard report?
The Report Wizard is a quick and easy way to build a report that you can view in PowerSteering or send to others via an automated scheduling option. This article describes how to create a new Report Wizard report.
Scroll to the bottom of this article to watch a Report Wizard webinar that was hosted by Upland's Customer Education and Enablement team.
1. Click Report Wizard
2. View Report Wizard
- The Report Wizard is displayed on the page.
Note: You can set the Report Wizard as a Favorite or Quick Link for faster access. You can read the articles How do I create a Favorites list? or How do I pin / unpin a Favorite to my Quick Links menu? to learn more about this.
3. Select a Report Type and Category
4. Set Report Definitions
5. Select Columns
6. Set Filters
- Identify which columns in your report will be used as filters to limit the data. Once you select the columns you will set the specific criteria for that data. You can also select additional filter criteria for columns that will not be displayed in the report. See the article What does the Filter tab do? for more information about this step.
7. Select Group/Sort Options
- Create new settings for groups and sorts on your data. You can add multiple groupings and apply a custom sort for tags that have special sequencing. You can also add additional sort criteria for columns that are not being displayed in your report. See the article What does the Group/Sort tab do? for more information about this step.
8. Add Summary Data
- Select which columns you want to display summaries for at the end of the column. If your report has groupings, you will have additional options to have a summary within a group. You can also add labels to your summaries. See the article What does the Summary tab do? for more information about this step.
9. Update Layout and Formatting
10. Add a Chart
11. Save and Schedule Report
- From here you can save your report or create an automatic schedule to send on a specific frequency. You can schedule the report to be sent via email to individual PowerSteering users or groups, or use external emails separated by a comma. See the article What does the Details & Schedules tab do? for more information about this step.
12. View Webinar
- Click the Play button to watch a Report Wizard webinar that was hosted by Upland's Customer Education and Enablement team.