How do I use the bulk edit feature for a single project?
The bulk edit feature of PowerSteering allows you to update multiple items at once in Project Central. The items you are updating could be individual lines of a project task, or a set of tags associated with multiple projects. Dependent tags and custom fields cannot be edited using the bulk edit feature. This article describes how to use the bulk edit feature in Project Central to update a single project.
1. Select Items to Edit
- Select the check box(es) associated with the project task you want to edit. Select the check box at the top to select all check boxes with a single click.
3. Select Bulk Edit Work Field
- Select the field you wish to edit from the list shown. In the example above we are updating the constraint type for each of these line items.
- Click Update.
4. View Changes
- View changes on the Project Central page before deciding to save. You can click directly into the field and change any values that you don't want to update from the bulk edit. The black triangle in the upper left corner indicates an unsaved change.
- Click Save.
Note: If you are using the automatic scheduler, the project's scheduled dates will be updated based on the new constraint types and dependencies in the project plan. Click here to read more about the scheduler.
5. View Updated Project Plan
- View the updated project plan.