How do I create a new issue?
An issue is something posing an active problem for a project. Issues can be created independently, or they can be created from discussions or risks. This article describes how to create a new issue independently.
1. Click Issues
2. Click New Issue
- Click New Issue.
3. Enter Information and Details
- Click the Owner drop-down box and search for and select the issue owner in the Owner dialog box.
- In the Subject field, type a subject for your issue.
- Click Add Documents to attach relevant documents to the issue (optional).
- In the Message field, type the body of your issue.
- Enter or select additional information as needed.
- Click Submit.
Note: When creating or editing an issue, hyperlinks to other issues can be added to make collaboration more efficient and communication more clear. To add a link to another issue (for example, issue #1234) within your issue comment, just add the following markup: [Issue: 1234]. Once your comment is saved, the markup will change to a hyperlink that will take you directly to that issue.