How do I add an arithmetic calculation to a report?
In Report Wizard, you are able to create a user defined column that will show a mathematical calculation of data that you define. This article describes how to add a calculation to your report.
1. Click Report Wizard
2. Select a Report Type and Category
3. Set Report Definitions
4. Add Arithmetic Calculation
- On the Columns tab, click User defined to expand the section.
- From the Column types drop-down menu, select Arithmetic calculation.
- Click the green plus sign.
5. Define Expression
- In the Name field, type a name for your user defined column.
- Using the list of Available columns as a reference, build your formula in the Expression field. Each available column has a number in brackets as a unique identifier, for example -Project / Off track by (in days). In your formula, use these identifiers to create a custom calculation and be sure to include the brackets.
- Click Save.
6. View Calculation
- View newly created calculation column.
7. Preview Report
- Click the Preview hyperlink to preview the report with the added calculation.