How do I update an existing PowerSteering project from MS Project?
Organizations that use both PowerSteering and MS Project will need to repeatedly import and export XML files to keep the two products synchronized. The process for updating a project is exactly the same as when you first upload an XML file into PowerSteering. This article covers the steps you can follow to update an XML file that was already uploaded once into PowerSteering.
1. Navigate to the Summary Page
- Log into PowerSteering.
- Locate your project in PowerSteering using the Search function or History button on the Icon Bar.
2. Click Choose File
- Click Choose File.
3. Locate the XML File
- Navigate to the folder where the .XML file was saved.
- Click on the name of the file.
- Click Open.
4. Click Upload & Import
- Confirm that the correct file name is displayed between the Choose File and Upload & Import buttons.
- Click Upload & Import.
5. View Progress
- View upload progress.
6. Open the Project in Project Central Project Planning
- Click Project Central to expand the menu, then click Project planning.
7. View the Imported Project in PowerSteering
- The existing PowerSteering project has now been updated with MS Project items.