How do I update a resource assignment for MS Project?
In MS Project you have the ability to add multiple resources to one task line. When that line with multiple entries is imported into PowerSteering they create what is known as a Resource assignment. This lesson covers how to update the allocation for a resource assignment in PowerSteering and export it to MS Project.
1. Navigate to the Summary Page
- Log into PowerSteering.
- Locate your project in PowerSteering using the Search function or Last Visited link.
2. Open the Project in Project Central Resource Planning
3. Update the Allocation for a Resource Assignment
- Locate the resource assignment you want to update, click in the % Allocation field and enter a numerical value.
- Click Save.
4. Click Project
5. Create the XML File
- Click on the XML project link.
6. Save the XML File
8. Click Computer
- On the Open menu, click Computer.
- Click the Browse button.