How do I import tag data?
The tag import process can be used to bring tag values that are stored in a third party program into PowerSteering. This article describes how to import a file of tag values into PowerSteering. See the article How do I format a tag import file? for more information on creating the file you will need to complete the import process.
1. Create Tag
- Create the tag that you want to upload values for.
Note: This is an administrator function. See the article How do I add a new tag? for more information.
2. Click Tags
- On the Icon Bar click the Review button.
- Click Import / Export to expand the menu, then click Tags.
3. Select Options
- Select upload options.
What tag would you like to update?: The name of the tag you want to upload values for.
What to do with missing categories?: Determines how tag values that already exist, but do not exist in the upload file should be handled.
- Ignore: Existing tag values will be ignored, and will remain as they are.
- Lock: Existing tag values will be locked.
- Delete: Existing tag values will be deleted.
4. Click Upload & Continue
- Click Browse to locate the file you want to upload.
- Click Upload & Continue.
Note: The import file for tag data must be in text (tab delimited) (*.txt) file format.
5. Preview Upload
- Preview your tag value upload. Tag values are shown in a color-coded table indicating which values will be added, removed, changed, or locked.
- If no other changes are needed, click Finish & Save!
6. View Tag
- View newly uploaded tag values.