How do I create a Visual Portal?
There are multiple steps to creating a Visual Portal. First you need to create the Visual Portal, providing a name, description and layout information. Then you begin to add individual portlets to build out a specific theme or purpose. This article describes how to create a new Visual Portal and add a portlet.
1. Click Add Visual Portal
- On the Icon Bar click the Review button, then click Add Visual Portal.
2. Create Portal Settings
- Click Name, type a name for your Visual Portal.
- Click Submit.
Note: Name is the only required field on this page. For more information about the additional fields on the portal settings page see the article How do I manage the Visual Portal properties?
3. Click Menu
- Click the triangle next to the name of your Visual Portal.
- In the context sensitive drop-down menu, click View.
6. Create Portlet Settings
- Click Header, type a name for this individual portlet.
- Click Title, type a name for the title of your portlet (optional).
- Select a Data source. The page will change based on the data source you select.
- Click Submit.
Report: You can select a Report Wizard report and utilize the chart within that report or create your own using the chart settings. Note: Reports from the My Reports folder will only be available if the Visual Portal layout has not been shared with other users.
Dashboard: You can select a portfolio and layout combination to display in a portlet. Once selected you have the option to select a currency, group by and if available, select a sum or count summary.
Measure: You can select a measure to display in a portlet. Once selected you can determine what kind of chart you want to display, set dates and thresholds to control what is displayed.
Executive Review: You can select a portfolio and layout combination to display in a portlet. Once selected you have the option to select a different currency for the display.
Note: You may need to set or modify additional settings depending on the Data Source selected.