How does the Signup Reminder Agent work?
The Signup Reminder Agent allows PowerSteering Administrators to determine the minimum number of reminders, the interval, the grace period, and information to send in the signup reminder e-mail. This article describes how the Signup Reminder Agent works.
Note: This agent must be activated in order for new user invitation emails to be sent.
1. Click Agents
- On the Icon Bar click the Admin button.
- Click Configuration to expand the menu, then click Agents.
2. Click Signup Reminder Agent
- Click the Signup Reminder Agent hyperlink.
3. Click Remind New Users
- Click the Remind New Users hyperlink.
4. Click Edit
- Click Edit.
5. Edit Agent Task Details
- Edit agent task details.
- Click Submit.
Agent Task: The name of the task.
Is Active: Specifies whether the task is enabled.
Interval: Specifies how often the task runs.
Oldest Log Age: Specifies how long to retain agent task log entries.
First Run Time: Specifies the task's first run time.
Next Run Time: Specifies the task's next scheduled run time.
Expiration Date: Specifies when the task expires (if at all).
Parameters: Options specific to each agent task.
- Minimum Reminders: The number of reminders which will be sent to the user prior to the grace period based on the interval set in the Reminder Interval in Days parameter.
- Reminder Email Address for New Context Owners: This parameter is not currently used.
- Reminder Interval in Days: The number of days between signup reminder emails.
- Grace Period in Days: If the grace period expires and the newly-invited user has not yet logged into the system, the user is deleted from the system as well as any questions and alerts that they have.
- Reminder Email Address: This parameter is not currently used.
- Reminder Email Personal for New Context Owners: This parameter is not currently used.
- Reminder Email Personal: This parameter is not currently used.
6. View Agent Task
- View agent task.