What are the PowerSteering security parameters?
There are several security options that can only be configured / enabled by the PowerSteering team. This article describes the PowerSteering Security Parameters.
1. Security Parameters
The following security options are available on your site:
- Users cannot request a temporary password from the sign in page.
- An account is locked after a certain amount of failed attempts.
- A user's password can not be the same as their username.
- A user's password expires after an established number of days. Note: The password expiration date is calculated by following formula: expire_date = password_change_date + max_age_days and the password expiration notification date is calculated by the following formula: notify_date = expire_date - notify_days.
- A user's account expires on a select future date.
- Recycling of passwords is limited.