How do I set alert subscriptions by role?
The role based alerts feature allows administrators to define the alerts that users will get when assigned to a project based upon their role on the project. Not every role in an organization needs to be notified of the same information. For example, project managers may need to see schedule change alerts that may be of little interest to project team members. Administrators set up role-based alerts which will be the default alerts for a user’s role on a project; however, users are able to override the default alert settings if they have been given the Edit Alert Subscriptions permission. This article describes how to set alert subscriptions by role.
1. Click Alert Subscriptions
- On the Icon Bar click the Admin button.
- Click Configuration to expand the menu, then click Alert Subscriptions.
2. Select Role
- Click the Role drop-down menu and select a role for which you want to assign alert subscriptions.
3. Define Alert Subscriptions
- Deselect Use context defaults.
- Specify whether users should be notified of alert via email.
- Specify whether descendants should be included.
- Select or clear check boxes next to alerts to modify them.
- Click Save.
Note: Users that have elected not to be notified via email will still receive alerts in their PowerSteering Inbox for any alerts selected.
Note: Email alerts will not be sent to No Access users or users that have been invited to PowerSteering, but have not yet logged in.