How do I add a new process?
A process defines all steps in a gated project. This article describes how to add a new process.
1. Click Processes
2. Click Add New Process
- Click Add new process.
3. Create Process
- In the Name field, enter a name for the process.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the process (optional).
- Enter Phase names. Additional blank lines are added as phases are entered. Note: A process must have at least one phase.
- Under % complete, enter the cumulative percentage of work that is done as each phase is completed (optional). Percentages must be entered for all phases or left blank for all phases. The value of the last phase must be 100. If the % complete fields are set for a process, PowerSteering uses the Status Change agent to automatically recalculate the completed percentage for each gated project that uses this process. This calculation occurs when each phase of the gated project is complete. Note: The percent complete column will only be available if the Status Change agent is enabled.
- Select Lock to lock the process. If a process is locked, it will not appear as a choice when creating a gated project template. It is still editable and any changes are propagated to project instances. Additionally, work templates already using the locked process continue to be valid for creating new project instances.
- Click Update.
4. View Process
- View newly created process.