How do I add a new cost loader template?
In order to be able to load cost data, you must first set up at least one cost loader template. The template will map the user and project IDs in the load file to users and projects in PowerSteering. This article describes how to add a new cost loader template.
1. Click Cost Loader
2. Click Add New
- Click Add New.
3. Enter Cost Loader Template Information
- In the Name field, enter a name for the template.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the template (optional).
- Select a Work column option to identify which data type will be in the load file to identify the work item.
- Click Save.
Project ID: The Project ID will be used as the project’s unique ID. Not all customers opt to have the Project ID visible on their site.
Powersteering ID: The project’s PowerSteering ID will be used as the project’s unique ID. This ID is the entire string of numbers and letters that start AFTER the equals sign and upper case letter U in the project's URL (e.g., the URL is https://trainingxl.psteering.com/BCInstructor/project/Summary1.epage?sp=18403980000ko2a7kcs0000000 so the project ID is 18403980000ko2a7kcs0000000).
Custom Field: A custom field will be used as the project’s unique ID. If this option is selected, select a custom field from the drop-down menu.
4. View Cost Loader Template
- View newly created cost loader template.