How do I view the work breakdown structure for filtered results?
A new Hierarchical View has been added as a filter option in Project Central. This view allows you to maintain your filter criteria while not losing site of where these particular items fall within your work break down structure. This article describes how to view the work breakdown structure for filtered results.
To view a brief tutorial video please scroll to the bottom of this article.
1. Select Project Central
- On the Project Navigation Menu click Project Central, select a layout.
2. Expand The Project Display
- Click the Expand / Collapse button.
- Select the number of project task levels you wish to display.
3. Click Filters
- Click Filters, the project plan will lower to reveal a page of fields.
4. Enter Filter Criteria
- Select the criteria for your display filter. See the article How do I filter my display? for more information.
- From the Display drop-down menu, select how you would like to view your filter results.
- Click Apply options.
List View: Only items that meet the filter criteria will be displayed.
Hierarchical View: The hierarchy will be displayed for all lower level items that meet the filter criteria. Note: The hierarchy will only be shown with all levels if you have expanded the project display.
6. View Tutorial Video
- View this short informational video about how to display the work breakdown structure when filtering in Project Central.