Administrator Release Notes and Instructions
The following information has been written to help administrators understand the tasks and impact of the Spring 2015 release.
1. Features available immediately without configuration
These are the features and or changes that users will see when Spring 2015 is released into production. Some features will only be visible to some users based on existing permissions and other configurations. But there are no new configurations or permissions that control whether users will see the changes. In general, these are the features that you will need to notify users about.
- The Resource List in Project Central will now will keep the tenths place intact and will be consistent with the Variable Allocation.
- Timesheet approvers can now view descriptions entered by users on timesheet line items.
2. Features that require configuration by an administrator before they can be used
There are no new features that require configuration by an administrator before they can be used.
3. Features that must be enabled by Upland staff before they are available
There are no new features that must be enabled by Upland staff before they are available.
4. Other Improvements
These are the additional improvements that users will see when Spring 2015 is released into production.
- Excel templates associated with reports were optimized for better performance and stability. A new way of formatting the excel was introduced to realize the optimizations.
5. Browser Support
PowerSteering is beginning to align with Microsoft's browser support plan which advocates staying current for a variety of performance and security reasons. Customers should begin preparing for our Spring 2016 Release where PowerSteering will only support Microsoft supported versions of IE. Learn more about Microsoft's plans here: http://support2.microsoft.com/gp/microsoft-internet-explorer