Service Pack 1 Release Note Details
Below is a summary of the main issues and features addressed by this service pack. Individual customer cases will be updated by the support team through the portal. Cases will be closed out with customers upon confirmation that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.
Note: This page could be updated as new information becomes available.
1. API Updates
- Fixed an issue that was being caused by certain SSL settings.
- Fixed an issue where CLIENT_NAME was appearing on the Help Desk Request page, rather than the PowerSteering client's company name.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the creation of multi-page PowerPoint templates.
Note: These fixes were inadvertently added to the Service Pack 1 release notes, but were not part of this release. These fixes will be available in the Winter 2015 Service Pack 2 release.
- Users are now able to modify charts while copying them, as well as reset changes back to the original values.
4. Create Work
- Fixed an issue so the Measures module on the Project Summary page is not displayed when the user has opted to not display the Measures module as part of that work configuration.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when the user tired to move a project to the first level of the Work Tree.
- Fixed an issue to suppress an exception if the MSP History file is missing.
- Fixed an issue that was causing unexpected results when copying an archived project.
- Fixed an issue so the Dashboard displays the correct values when a user groups data in a Cost column.
6. Exchange Rates
- Fixed multiple issues for the Default Rates table.
7. Field Management
- Fixed an issue that was causing users to not be able to save visibility formulas.
8. Home Page
- Fixed an issue so a role is not displayed in the My Projects section of the Home page when the role is disabled.
9. Idea and Demand Management
- Updated PowerSteering so users can now configure their site to include or exclude the Documents section on the Add Idea form.
- Updated PowerSteering to provide a more informative warning message when external users attempt to create an Idea against an Idea Hopper using Submitter's Default Location as the destination for the Idea post creation.
Note: The term Idea is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your company may be using a different term to represent ideas.
10. Invite / Create New User
- Fixed an issue so the calendar in the Localization section of the Invite/Create New User page is not reverted to the first one in the list when a user changes the No access option on the Profile page.
- Fixed an issue that will allow users to mass attach multiple measures to a large set of work items without encountering a time out.
- Fixed an issue so the history value of measures is evaluated correctly when the agent evaluates measures for newly created project.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a time out error when performing a mass measure attachment with a large number of work items.
- Fixed an issue where the user would receive an error if the Metric Template's frequency was changed from periodic to no frequency and Version Control was set to On.
Note: The term Metric is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your company may be using a different term to represent metrics.
13. Percent Complete
- Fixed an issue so active milestones are maintained when the Percent Complete method is changed.
14. Project Central / Resource Planning
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Save button to become disabled after displaying the Gantt chart.
- Fixed an issue that was causing columns to not size correctly after the window size is changed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing an unexpected result on the Project Navigation Menu.
- Fixed an issue with Resource Planning where estimated costs for a project were not reduced when the resource assignments were removed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing an invalid Status Report event to be logged to the project's history when editing a project from the Project Summary page. This may also have resulted in an invalid alert being sent to those that were subscribed to Status Report alerts.
- Fixed an issue so the error message "Schedule error: Scheduler is working too long" is not displayed when a user changes Dependency and Scheduled Start Dates.
- Fixed an issue so an error message is not displayed when a user uses the Outdent function.
- Fixed an issue with creating projects through the Add Under option in Project Central and Work Generation functions.
- Updated PowerSteering to display a more detailed message when the scheduler cannot calculate a project schedule to conform to all project rules and dependencies.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Supply / Demand charts to display differently among certain browsers.
15. Report Wizard
- Fixed an issue to allow projects with a lot of descendants to load successfully in the Report Wizard.
Note: This fix was inadvertently added to the Service Pack 1 release notes, but was not part of this release. This fix will be available in the Winter 2015 Service Pack 2 release.
16. Status Change Agent
- Fixed a issue with the Status Change Agent when some projects' status and dates were unexpectedly synchronized with its descendants (milestones, gates).
17. Status Reports
- Fixed an issue where Status Reports were being deleted by the Work Generation function.
18. User Interface
- Fixed an issue with the Pin function that was causing unexpected results.
- Fixed an issue with the Gantt chart scroll bar display, users can now view all periods for a project.
- Fixed an issue for Internet Explorer to correct the appearance for a long list of proxy users.