How do I connect to the new VPN for the advanced report server?
As of August 2015 PowerSteering changed the protocol for connecting to the VPN for the advanced report server. In order to continue your connection it is important that you contact Customer Support to request a new password for the new VPN product. Once you have your new password you can follow the instructions in this article to re-establish your connection to your reporting server.
Note: Before you begin these steps please ensure you have your new VPN password from Customer Support. The user name and password you've been using to connect to the reporting database and iReports have not changed as a result of the VPN update.
1. Enter user credentials
- Click this link https://pssvpn.psteering.com/ to begin the installation process.
- Type your user name and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click Go.
Note: Your user name has not changed from the previous VPN tool. Your password is case sensitive.
3. Check Internet download history
- Double-click to open file.
- Click Run to begin installation.
5. View Connection
- Click the OpenVPN Connect icon in your system tray, view connection settings.
Note: You may need to take additional steps to display the OpenVPN Connect icon on your system tray and / or desktop.
5.1. Updating Password
You can change the system generated password using the following steps but you MUST be connected to the VPN.
- Click this change password link to begin the procedure.
- Type and then retype your new password.
- Click Change.
- View confirmation message.
Note: Your password is case sensitive.
6. Updating SQL Access
- Update the server name to 10.8.2.50; your database user name and password have not changed as a result of the VPN update.
Note: This article is using SQL Server Management Studio as an example. Your screen may look different depending on the SQL tool you are using to query the reporting database.
7. Updating iReport Database URL
- Click the Report Datasources button.
- Double-click to select and open the report datasource you want to edit.
- Click the JDBC URL field to edit the address to 10.8.2.50.
Note: Your database user name and password have not changed as a result of the VPN update.