Feature Release Notes
Below is the summary of the new features and functions included in the version 11 release. To help you become more familiar with the new version we have created a What's New guide for version 11 that includes reference information and detailed instructions. Click here to reference the What's New guide.
1. User Interface
- Updated login and support pages.
- Updated user interface to implement Icon Bar and Navigation Menu.
- Implemented ability to show Dashboard, Project Central and Resource Review in "wide screen" mode by default.
- Changed hyperlink appearance to remove underlining.
- Updated Project Summary page to remove toolbar menu.
2. New and Updated Features
- Added auto-complete feature to the Search function.
- Added new report that allows users to analyze PowerSteering usage for a designated time period.
- Expanded the ability to view and search the pages users have visited in PowerSteering.
- Added Favorites feature that allows users to save pages you visit frequently and then access them through a shortcut.
- Added ability to customize how Quick Links are displayed in PowerSteering.
- Expanded the Edit Cost permission into three separate permissions to edit budgets, estimated costs and actual costs.
- Added a feature to allow users to lock, unlock or copy metrics to a specific group of projects.
- Added an Exclude Archived filter in the Report Wizard.
- Added ability to create different versions of the exchange rate tables to compare past, present and future currency rates.
- Added ability to view side by side comparison of two metrics using different exchange rates.
- Added ability to use an alternate calendar to schedule reports and status reports.
- Updated Branding page to include a logo for reports (this replaces having to upload an image as an asset).
- Updated APIs to enable customer specific integrations.
- Updated API toolset to allow the import of no access users.
- Updated support for SSO
- Removed log out button for SSO users.
3. Deprecated Features
- The option to create new Classic Reports has been removed from PowerSteering. Users can still run and edit reports they created and saved using the Classic Reports feature, however they will not be supported by Upland after the Spring2014:V11 release. Users can create new reports with the Report Wizard.
- Restore, Maximize and other window sizing options have been removed from the Dashboard, Project Central and Resource Review pages. These windows now open in full size mode by default.
- The Last Visited link was removed from the PowerSteering menu and replaced with more powerful Favorites and History features.
- The Welcome Back message has been removed from PowerSteering and will not be replaced. Users can view the number of unread items in their Inbox by an indicator over the Inbox button in the Icon Bar.
- The Quick Links that used to appear at the top of the Home page have been moved to the bottom of the Navigation Menu. Users can now select which Quick Links appear and control the order in which they are listed.
- The Arbitrary CSS advanced option in Branding has been removed and will not be replaced. Administrators can personalize PowerSteering colors using the new Color Scheme option that has been added to the Branding page.
- The Project Summary toolbar has been removed. Users can access project related tools such as Project Central, Costs and Edit Details by selecting the Project button from the Icon Bar and viewing the associated Navigation Menu.
- The PowerSteering Walkthrough link has been removed from the Help menu.