How do I add a document to a gate?
Documents can be local files on your computer or URLs and may be added to a project at any time. A document can be uploaded as a project level document or tied to a specific gate. This article describes how to add a document to a gate.
1. Click Project
2. Click Add / Remove
- Click Add / Remove.
3. Click Add New
- Click Add New.
4. Click Continue
5. Select File or Enter URL
- In the Add document deliverable dialog box, click Browse... to choose a file, or type in a URL location.
5.1. Select Gate
5.2. Enter Document Details (Optional)
- In the Title field, type a title for your document. If a title is not entered, the file name will be used.
- Enter or select additional information as needed.
- Click Add Deliverable.
- Repeat Step 5 to add additional documents or URLs as gate deliverables.
PPT Image: If the document is an image file (.jpeg, .png, or .gif file formats), check this box if you want the image to be included in your PowerPoint project summary file. The PowerSteering Administrator must have the PowerPoint template configured to use images.
Display on summary page: If the document is an image file (.jpeg, .png, or .gif file formats), check this box if you want the image to appear in the Details section of the Project Summary page.
6. Create Placeholder (Optional)
- At the gate level, you have the ability to add a placeholder document and make it required for conditional purposes. To create a placeholder document, you simply enter a tile for the document and do not upload anything. This creates a placeholder that allows a user to upload the document at a later time.
8. View Deliverables
- The newly uploaded document appears as a deliverable under the selected gate.