How do I view resource availability?
The Resource Review lists each user within PowerSteering and their current assignments and open availability. This article describes how to view a resource to determine what they are assigned to, and what hours they have available within a particular time period.
1. Locate Resource
- Locate the user that you want to view. You may need to use the scroll bar to see more listings.
The top section of the Resource Review lists users that have been displayed according to how you filtered the page. You can use the Filters menu option to only show a specific user, role, resource pool or portfolio of projects. There are several other fields that can help you limit what is displayed.
Note: This example is showing unstaffed demand grouped by person. You can change the display to show allocation by project name.
2. View Summary Level
- View the summary level of the resource effort and availability. You can click the plus sign next to a user to expand the view or click the expand / collapse button to expand all records for all users.
3. Click Plus Sign
- Click the plus sign to view the detailed level information for a specific user whose record has been expanded.
4. Review User's Effort and Availability
- View the effort and availability for a specific user by project or project task in this expanded detail view.