How do I create a chart from a Dashboard layout?
Administrators are able to create and maintain a library of pre-defined charts that can be used for Dashboard layouts. Data for charts can be derived from four different places: reports, Dashboard layouts, Measures, and Executive Reviews. This article describes how to create a chart from a Dashboard layout.
1. Click Charts
2. Click Add New
- Click Add new.
3. Enter Chart Details
- Enter a title for the chart.
- Enter a description for the chart.
- Select Dashboard as the Data source.
- Select a Dashboard layout from the context sensitive drop-down menu.
- Specify chart options to set up your chart. See the article What does the Chart tab do? for more information about chart options.
- Click Submit.
Title: A title for the chart. The title is displayed at the top of the chart.
Description: Text that describes the chart's purpose.
Data source: Select a data source to define where your chart will derive data from.
Layout: Select a Dashboard layout to use as the data source for your chart.
4. View Chart
5. View Chart
- View newly created chart on the Dashboard.