How do I add a task to the Post Project Reminder Agent?
The Post Project Reminder Agent sends email reminders to users assigned to roles on a gated project after the project has been completed. A separate task must be created for each gated object type you wish to have reminders sent for. This article describes how to add a task to the Post Project Reminder Agent.
Note: Email reminders will not be sent to No Access users or users that have been invited to PowerSteering, but have not yet logged in.
1. Click Agents
- On the Icon Bar click the Admin button.
- Click Configuration to expand the menu, then click Agents.
2. Click Post Project Reminder Agent
- Click Post Project Reminder Agent.
3. Click Add
- Click Add.
4. Enter Agent Task Details
- Enter agent task details.
- Click Submit.
Agent Task: The name of the task.
Is Active: Specifies whether the task is enabled.
Interval: Specifies how often the task runs.
Oldest Log Age: Specifies how long to retain agent task log entries.
First Run Time: Specifies the task's first run time.
Next Run Time: Specifies the task's next scheduled run time.
Expiration Date: Specifies when the task expires (if at all).
Parameters: Options specific to each agent task.
- Subject: The email subject.
- Project Type: Specifies which object type the reminder email should be sent for (a separate task must be created for each gated object type you wish to have reminders sent for).
- Roles Email Should be Sent to: Specifies which roles the reminder email should be sent to. Hold the Crtl key and click to select multiple roles. Note: If a user that is not assigned to a selected role(s) wishes to receive the reminder, they can manually subscribe to the Post Production Reminder in the work's Alert Subscriptions.
- Email Text: The email body text. Like other PowerSteering alerts, the Post Project Reminder contains a link to the related project and provides a half page of description.
- Number of Days to Wait Before Sending Reminder: The number of days after which the work has been complete that the reminder email should be sent.
5. View Agent
- View newly created agent.