How do I create approved users for roles on templates?
By adding approved users for roles at the template level, you have the ability to limit which users can be assigned to specific roles when new work is created using the template. This article describes how to create approved users for roles on templates.
1. Click Work
2. Select Template
- Click the name of the template that you want to add approved roles to.
3. Click Template Name
- On the template container Summary page, click the template name under the Descendants module.
4. Click Edit
- On the template Summary page, click Edit.
5. Assign Users to Approved Roles
- Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Details page.
- Click the Suggestions hyperlink for a list of users that are assigned to work above the current work item in the work tree or in the Find field, enter one or more letters of the user's name, then click Go.
- From the results list, select the user and drag and drop their name onto the appropriate role in the middle section.
- Once approved roles have been assigned, click Save Changes.
See the article How do I assign people to roles? for more information about this section of the Edit Details page.
6. View Approved Roles on New Work
- If approved users have been added to roles on a template, only those users can be assigned to that role when new work is created from the template. Search options for approved roles will appear in the search drop-down menu.
6.1. View Error Message
- If approved users have been added to a role on a template and a user that is not an approved user is assigned to that role when creating new work, an error message will be displayed.