How do I copy an object type?
PowerSteering comes pre-configured with a few different object types. You are not able create new object types from scratch; however, you can copy an exiting object type and build a new object based on the exiting object type. This article describes how to copy an object type.
Note: The Objects Types page is not editable on all sites. Please contact PowerSteering if you would like this page to be editable on your site.
1. Click Object Types
2. Select Object Type
- Click the name of the object type you want to copy.
Note: If you select a Gated Project object type, you can only copy that into a gated project object type.
3. Click Copy
- Click Copy.
Note: The Copy function is available on all of the object type tabs. When an object type is copied, all role and parenting settings are copied over to the new object type, but can be edited at any time.
4. Set Object Type Configuration
- Enter a Name and Plural name for the new object type.
- Enter or select additional information as needed.
- Update the object type roles and parenting rules on the respective tabs.
- Click Update.
See the articles How do I update the configuration of an object type?, How do I update the roles associated with an object type?, and How do I update the parenting rules associated with an object type? for more information.
5. View Confirmation Message
- View confirmation message.