What does the Line Items tab do?
Line items specify values that the metric tracks or calculates. These items appear as rows in your metric worksheet. This article describes the Line Items tab.
1. The Line Items Tab
- Enter metric line item information.
- Click Next.
Seq: Specifies the order in which line items appear. Use sequence values in increments of 10 or 100 to facilitate later insertion of new line items.
Data Type: Determines the type of data that will appear in the line item.
- Monetary: Formats line item values with a currency symbol.
- Numeric: Used for non-monetary integer or floating values.
- Cost (Monetary): Used to map values from the cost module to your metric.
- Separator: Inserts a non-numeric blank row within the worksheet. A separator line must have at least one character..
Line Name: The name used to identify this line item. This field must be populated with at least one character.
Constraint: Determines which values can be entered for the line item.
- None: The field accepts any number.
- Range: The field accepts any number from a range of pre-defined of values. If selected, the range must be defined on the Static/Constratint Values tab.
- Set: The field accepts any number from a set of pre-defined values. If selected, the set must be defined on the Static/Constratint Values tab.
Behavior: Determines the behavior of the value entered for the line item.
- Absolute: The value you enter is the value that remains.
- Variant: The value is a running total of entered values. For example, if you enter January=5, February=4, March=3, April=2 in a row, the values that will appear in each cell when not in edit mode are January=5, February=9, March=12, April=14. The numbers accumulate and include previous cell values. Note: Metrics that have no frequency do not support the Variant behavior.
- Static: The value is a fixed value, such as a tax rate or a constant value in a formula. If selected, the static value must be defined on the Static/Constraint Values tab.
Scale: Determines the scale of the value entered for the line item.
- Blank: The values are as entered.
- K: Values are in thousands
- M: Values are in Millions
Rolls Up: Specifies whether to calculate a total when the metric worksheets are rolled up. Leave unchecked for items that are not comparable or should not be totaled across projects.
Description: Text that describes the line item's purpose (optional). If you enter text in this field, the line item will appear with a yellow underline and users can hover over the underlined line item name to view the description text.