Administrator Release Notes and Instructions
The following information has been written to help administrators understand the tasks and impact of the v16 release.
1. Features Available Immediately Without Configuration
These are the features and or changes that users will see when v16 is released into production. Some features will only be visible to some users based on existing permissions and other configurations. But there are no new configurations or permissions that control whether users will see the changes. In general, these are the features that you will need to notify users about.
- A link for the PowerSteering Community has been added to the login page.
- The PowerSteering ID is now a searchable field.
- Previous Phase has been added as a Report Wizard column option.
- Proxy User and Master User have been added as Report Wizard column options.
- Work Template and Root Work Object have been added as Report Wizard column options.
- Program has been added as a Report Wizard column option.
- Resource Review layouts can now be shared.
- Resource Review date format options have been added to the Display menu.
- Non-gated projects can now be copied.
- Work templates can now be copied.
- The User Interface has been updated to clearly define Microsoft Excel options for report and export files.
- Related Work Dashboards are now editable.
- Collapse/Expand functionality now works when a zoom is used in Google Chrome.
- Project Central is no longer refreshed when Cancel is clicked without changing filters.
2. Features That Require Configuration by an Administrator Before They Can Be Used
Administrators will see new configuration options, but there is no impact on users until the features have been set up by an Administrator
- Metric lock options have been added to the Metric tab of Work Generation templates.
- Fiscal year changes can now be viewed in Administrator logs.
- Settings have been added to the Object Type page to control how duplicate names are handled.
- Data Extract functionality has been added to PowerSteering.
- New fields have been added as PowerSteering Fields for Workflow Manager. Note: This new feature affects only those customers that have Workflow Manager enabled.
- Several User Interface changes have been made to the Workflow Manager configuration page. Note: This new feature affects only those customers that have Workflow Manager enabled.