How do I add metric items to a report?
Prior to the Fall 2015 release, only one metric could be reported at a time. With the addition of a new user-defined column, users now have the ability to add one or multiple metric items to new and existing reports. This article describes how to add metric items to a report.
Note: Metric is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your site may be using a different term for this word.
To view a brief tutorial video please scroll to the bottom of this article.
1. Click Report Wizard
- On the Icon Bar click the Add button.
- Click Report to expand the menu, then click Report Wizard.
2. Select Category and Type
- Select a type and category for your report. See the article What does the Type tab do? for more information about this step.
- Click Continue.
3. Add Metric Value
- On the Columns tab, click User defined to expand the section.
- From the Column types drop-down menu, select Metric value.
- Click the green plus sign.
4. Select Metric
- In the Label field, type a name for your user defined column.
- From the Metric drop-down menu, select the metric you want to add data from.
5. Select Metric Information
- Select metric information using the drop-down menus. Note: The options on this screen may appear differently depending on which metric is selected.
Label: The label for the report column.
Metric value source: This field is automatically populated based on the metric template you select.
Metric: The metric template that you want to report data from.
Item: The metric line item you want to report data from.
View: The metric view you want to report data from.
Period: The period of time that you want to report data from.
Currency: The currency you want the metric item to be reported in.
Exchange Rate Table: The exchange rate table you want to use for the metric item.
Programs: If reporting on programs, this option allows users to determine whether metrics will be rolled up and whether or not programs are included.
- Rollup, exclude programs: The metric will be rolled up, but programs will be excluded.
- Rollup, include programs: The metric will be rolled up, and programs will be include.
6. View Metric Value
- View newly created metric value column. Repeat Steps 3 - 5 to add additional metric values to your report if needed.
7. Preview Report
- Click the Preview hyperlink to preview the report with the newly added metric value columns.
8. View Tutorial Video
- View a short informational video about adding metric columns to any Report Wizard report.