How do I open a new support ticket?
Opening a support ticket is a quick and easy function within the community. Once created, you can add information to the support ticket via email, or within the My Tickets area of the community. This article describes how to open a new support ticket.
1. Click Open a Support Ticket
- From the Home page, click Open a Support Ticket.
2. Select Line of Business
3. Enter Subject
- Click Subject, begin typing. As you start typing in the Subject field, PowerSteering will try to match your inquiry with an existing article in our Knowledge Base repository. If you find what you are looking for, click the corresponding link to read that article.
4. Enter Additional Information
- Enter additional information for your ticket and attach files as needed.
- Click Submit.
Subject: This is the information that will appear in the subject line of the email you'll receive post ticket creation.
Description: This is where you can tell us a little more about the issue you are experiencing, including how to recreate if needed.
Priority: Use the guide below this field to determine the priority of your ticket.
Environment: This is the current environment where you are experiencing the issue. Non-production would cover staging and reporting database sites.
Customer Time Zone: This is the time zone where you are located. Providing this information will help us to coordinate communications with you.
Attachments: Click Add file to open the browse location dialog box, or drop files into this area.
5. View Ticket
- View the confirmation message at the top of the page and your newly created ticket in the My Requests section of the My Tickets area in the community.
6. View Confirmation Email
- View the ticket confirmation message sent via email. Your response to this email will be added as comment to your ticket in the community. If you carbon copy another person on your response, they will receive notification and see the ticket in their My Tickets section if they are a community member.