How did canceling a project change?
PowerSteering now cancels all descendant tasks associated with a project when that project is changed to the Canceled status. If the project status is changed from Canceled to another status, the parent will update to the new status and the descendants will revert back to their status immediately prior to the cancellation. As part of the upgrade process, PowerSteering will automatically update all descendants of canceled projects to the status Canceled. This includes canceled projects that have been archived. This article describes how canceling a project changed in PowerSteering.
To view a brief tutorial video please scroll to the bottom of this article.
1. Locate a Project
- Navigate to the Summary page of the project you want to cancel.
3. View Canceled Status
- View the project in the Canceled status.
Note: When work is canceled, only its status changes; the percent complete and actual dates for the work and all descendants remain unchanged.
4. View Descendant Status
- View the descendants in the Canceled status.
6. View Updated Status
- View the updated status of the project.
8. View Video Tutorial
- View this short informational video about canceling work in PowerSteering.