How do I reject an idea?
A new state called rejected has been added for ideas. That is in addition to the current available idea states which are Review Not Requested, Returned for Revision, Awaiting Approval and Approved. When an idea is rejected the status of the work is changed to canceled. This article describes how you can reject an idea that has been submitted for review.
Note: Idea is a replaceable term in PowerSteering. Your organization may use a different label to represent ideas on your site.
To view a brief tutorial video please scroll to the bottom of this article.
1. Locate Idea
- Locate the idea that you want to reject.
- Click the link for that idea.
2. Click Reject
- Click Reject.
Note: If you have the ability to approve an idea, you have the ability to reject an idea.
4. View Updated Information
- Verify that the state of the idea is rejected and the status of the work is canceled.
4.1. Changing Canceled Status
- In the event that you want to un-cancel the rejected idea, click Status, select Proposed. The state of the idea will revert to Review Not Requested.
5. View Tutorial Video
- View this short informational video about rejecting an idea.